Trigno is a Magma Curse user and the captain of the Mantle Pirates. Due to his curse, he is able to control and manipulate magma and phase his body into magma, essentially making him invulnerable to swords, bullets, and cannonballs.
Before the Player
According to the in-game book, Trigno used to be a crew member of the One Shot Pirates, before the clan became extremely rich and powerful. They were searching for Sea Curses, as the captain was a collector. Trigno attempted to obtain a Sea Curse for himself, but was thrown overboard when it seemed he had failed.
Left to rot on an abandoned island, it turns out he successfully obtained the curse, and managed to form an obsidian path on the water to travel. He then lived a few years in solitude before commanding his own ship, the Rumbling Caldera, with very powerful crew members, and Romulus serving as his vice-captain.
When speaking to Trigno at Savaria, he states that he and his ship was penetrated by a plasma cannonball shot by Verdies' crew. Trigno recalls that he was able to melt all incoming cannonballs except for one, which hit his ship. He then flooded the opposing ship with magma.
Once boarding the randomly appearing Rumbling Caldera, players are able to fight Trigno. Because of his curse, melee weapons do not harm him forcing the player to attack him with magic. Magic Cannonballs from Cannon Fist also do damage to Trigno.
|Attack Names||Attack Explanations||Damage||
|Magma Beast||Trigno shoots a projectile in the shape of a dragon's head. Only used when Trigno is seated on the Rumbling Caldera.||2750||
Inflicts the Burn Status
An obsidian floe on contact with the surface of the sea.
|Magma Sea||Trigno envelopes the area around him with magma. Only used when Trigno is not seated.||4500||
Inflicts Burn Status
End Trigno the Volcano
- Quest Giver: A girl on Canopy Island
- Objective: Defeat Trigno the Volcano out on the seas.
- Rewards: 50,000 Lamina, 5000 Experience Points
- Trigno's theme music is called "Dark Souls - Knight And Executioner (Ornstein and Smough Remix) ".
- Trigno's infamous Legendary Ship "The Rumbling Caldera", is named after a volcanic feature formed only when a volcano collapses into itself called a caldera.
- If one played Online Fighting before it went under review, one could find Trigno (still stranded) on a small desert island, this is the island spoken of in his book. The name of the island is Sand Dune Island according to him and it is categorized as a wilderness island.
- Trigno's Magma Beast attack is similar to that of Fleet Admiral Sakazuki's Inugami Guren attack from One Piece as they both manipulate Magma to form the head of an animal.