The Sky Skates allows the user to achieve pseudo-flight and are sold by certain NPC's on various sky islands;
- Stanley, at Cumulus Island.
- The Sky Skate Crafter at Cerulea.
- Alexander, at one of the outer islands of Cerulea.
Refuelling requires the player to select the Sky Skates and stand on Skyshore that is found bordering the edges of sky islands or the Skyshore collected by Jonathan at Whiteridge.
As of v3.6, Sky Skates are stored in the player's inventory and takes up a weapon slot when equipped, allowing it to be kept on death or upon rejoining. Fuel is lost when respawning or unequipping the skates in the inventory.
As of v4.5, Sky Skates now temporarily deactivate for 30 seconds upon taking damage while equipped and can no longer be used below 90% of one's health.
- The mesh used to make the Sky Skates are two Telewarps, a gear from ROBLOX's Catalog that allows the user to set a "checkpoint" and teleport to it at any time.
- Before v3.6, the description for the Sky Skates was "Sky shells that stick to the bottom of your feet, allowing you to essentially run on air."
- Before v3.6, Sky Skates would be lost on death/rejoin as it was considered a Tool.
- The Sky Skates add 520 power level, even though they have no capacity to deal damage.
- The Sky Skates take about 15 seconds to refuel.
- After v4.5, players fall if they get damaged while flying with Sky Skates.