Before he gifts the gauntlet, he talks of his hometown; Aberon, along with his fight against Durza the Dark Wizard and how he wishes to have trained the player more and fight Durza together.
Since talking to Theos is the only way to obtain the gauntlet, it cannot have any enchantments. If the gauntlet is ever lost, it can be acquired again by talking to Theos.
When equipped, it replaces the player's left arm package and emits an orange glow.
- If a players's left arm has been cut off, equip the gauntlet, then hide it, their arm will reappear.
- The Gauntlet of the Rising Phoenix is one of two accessories that cannot have enchantments due to its method of obtaining it. The other accessory is the Beta Bracelet.
- Besides the Blue Zircon Amulet exceeding its defense, no accessory currently has higher stats than the Gauntlet of the Rising Phoenix (excluding accessories with enchantments).
- At Alalea, Theos could be seen holding the gauntlet, which implies that it was taken apart from his own armor.
- The Gauntlet of the Rising Phoenix is one of two Legendary rarity items that does not have a green gradient in its thumbnail, the other being the Beta Bracelet.
- The Gauntlet of the Rising Phoenix is also the only item to have the unique orange glow in its icon.
- The Gauntlet of the Rising Phoenix adds 3,000 power level.