The Blunderbuss is a ranged weapon, which like most other guns, the bullet travels instantaneously with some inaccuracy in aim and a long cooldown afterwards.
Despite being a ranged weapon, the spread of the bullets make it unreliable to shoot at a distance. It is required to be nearly pointblank range to the target to get the bullets to hit.
[Click]: Five bullet spread with immense inaccuracy and long cooldown afterwards. Bullets have no area of effect.
Like other guns, the damage is not affected by either Strength or Magic Level/Damage is fixed and varies depending on which area you hit the target in; headshot being 200 damage, torso being 150 damage, and other appendages being 100 damage. When all five bullets hit, it can potentially deal 1000 damage.
- The Blunderbuss could be used as a quick punish against people using attacks with a long end lag such as Colossal Flying Slash and Radius Stomp.
- The reload time is very long, so it is recommended to have a second weapon on standby.
- The "bullet pathing" that represents the bullet is considered to be part of the user's hitbox, meaning damage aimed at the pathing will inflict damage on the user. This is most prevalent against Ramses II's Iron Sand Wall.
- The Blunderbuss adds 550 power level.
- The Flintlock and the Blunderbuss share the same item decal.